YouNet Media Terms of Service
YouNet Media applications enable businesses to activate a powerful social media marketing plan. Each YouNet Media application includes a simple do-it-yourself content management system that enables businesses to easily upload your images, links, and text and build Facebook pages without writing a single line of code. By using any of the software, applications or Web sites (collectively, “Services”) offered by YouNet Media, you (as the account owner) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service” or Agreement). YouNet Media reserves the right to update and change this Agreement from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to this Agreement. Continued use of the Services after any such change(s) shall constitute your consent to such changes.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://younetmedia.com
Violation of any of the terms and conditions below will result in the termination of your account. While YouNet Media prohibits certain conduct while using the Services, you understand and agree that YouNet Media cannot be responsible for content posted by you or other users of the Services (User Content). You agree to use the Services at your own risk.
1. YouNet Media is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents of or your use of the Facebook site. YouNet Media makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, regarding the origin, accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information supplied by you, Facebook or others not affiliated with YouNet Media.
2. You agree to be bound by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (as such may be amended or modified from time to time), which is incorporated by reference herein and can be found at: http://younetmedia.com
or such other site as Facebook may set forth.
3. YouNet Media does not imply, represent or warrant, by virtue of providing the ability to build Facebook pages, that YouNet Media holds or grants any license to use any text or graphics provided by Facebook or others not affiliated with YouNet Media. Further, your use of information obtained through the Services may be subject to restrictions imposed by one or more third-party copyright owners, including service providers to YouNet Media, and you agree that you shall comply with any such restrictions.
4. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos, videos , digital images and any other type of data) (collectively “IP Content”), you grant YouNet Media a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP Content that you post on or in connection with the use of the Services (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP Content or your account, unless your IP Content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP Content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you acknowledge that deleted content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
5. When you create or administer a page on Facebook, you also agree to Facebook’s Pages Terms (as such may be amended or modified from time to time) located at http://www.facebook.com/terms_pages.php or such other location as Facebook may set forth, and incorporated herein by reference.
6. You must be 13 years or older to use the Services.
7. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods (including use of scripts or web crawlers) are not permitted.
8. In order to use the Services you will be required to provide your legal full name, a valid email address, credit card for purposes of payment, and any other information requested as part of the registration process for the Services, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to YouNet Media will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
9. Your login information shall not be used by another person (i.e. – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted). You may create separate logins for as many people as necessary.
10. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with your account. Therefore, you agree that you will be solely responsible to YouNet Media or its affiliates for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify YouNet Media immediately: email@example.com
11. If you are using a free account, you are not permitted to block advertisements that may be displayed while you are using the Services.
12. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
13. You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in using the Services, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws, export laws regarding transmission of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries, etc.).
14. You expressly understand and agree that YouNet Media shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if YouNet Media has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the Services or your use of third-party products or services accessible via the Services.
15. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to access or use the Services, via the API or otherwise, may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to the Services. YouNet Media, in its sole discretion, will determine whether there has been abuse or excessive usage of the Services. YouNet Media will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn you prior to suspending your account.
16. YouNet Media reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
17. When you visit younetmedia.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications and notices from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the younetmedia.com site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Grant of a Limited License to Use the Services
You acknowledge that in providing the Services, YouNet Media uses documents, software and other works of authorship, and other technology, software, hardware, products, processes, algorithms, user interfaces, know-how and other trade secrets (collectively the YouNet Media Technology) and that the YouNet Media Technology is covered by intellectual property rights owned or licensed by YouNet Media. Other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement, no license or other rights in the YouNet Media Technology are granted to you, and all rights not expressly granted to you are expressly reserved. You agree not to modify, create derivative works of, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble the Services or otherwise recreate or gain access to the source code of the Services.
You further agree not to (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Services available to any third party; or (ii) access the Services in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Services.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
1. A valid credit card is required for set up of all accounts regardless of whether the account is free for purposes of verifying User identify.
2. If you sign up for a free trial of a YouNet Media account, and you do not cancel that account before the expiration of the free trial period, you will be billed monthly starting on the day after your trial period expires. If you cancel properly prior to the processing of your first billing, you will not be charged.
3. Charges for access to the Services are billed in advance on a monthly basis and are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of use of the Services, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with on an active account.
4. All charges for access are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties in addition to your monthly access account fees, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes when applicable. You agree that we may add such charges to your credit card for payment as part of your monthly account fees.
5. For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle. Your plan and access fees will be adjusted automatically based upon fan or data thresholds as set forth in the plan pricing.
6. Downgrading your Services may cause you to lose access to certain content or features of your account or the Services. YouNet Media does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email, other than to the address set forth in this Section 1, or phone request to cancel your account shall not be considered cancellation of your account or termination of the terms of this Agreement. You can cancel your account at any time by submitting a cancellation request in the form of a support ticket by clicking the Support tab on the YouNet Media website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the instructions to cancel your account, including your name and the user name on the account.
2. All of your User Content and account information will ultimately be deleted from our system after cancellation of the account. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
3. If you cancel the Services before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, however, the YouNet Media applications will remain functional through the end of your current monthly billing period.
4. YouNet Media, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services, or any other YouNet Media Services, for any reason at any time. Such termination of Services will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account with no refund, or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all User Content in your account. YouNet Media reserves the right to refuse to provide any of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees for Services, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the YouNet Media Web site (younetmedia.com) or such other method as chosen by YouNet Media and/or via a software application we offer.
2. YouNet Media shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of any of the Services. By utilizing the Services of this Agreement you accept the terms herein and agree to waive your right to file a claim for losses, damages, etc. against YouNet Media and its affiliates for any such changes.
Copyright and Content Ownership
1. All User Content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law. You are responsible for adhering to our copyright infringement notification process located at the bottom of this page.
2. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material or content you submit, post or display, on or through the Services. Your account information and the materials or content you upload while using the Services remain yours. By using our Services to publish a page or profile on Facebook or another social media site, and agreeing to these Terms of Service, you grant YouNet Media the non-exclusive right and license to use captured images and other data from your page or profile for promotional or marketing purposes. By granting this right you agree that YouNet Media and its affiliates have a license to use this material or content for the sole purpose set forth in this Section. In addition, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your User Content.
3. YouNet Media does not pre-screen User Content, but YouNet Media and its designee(s) have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any User Content that is available via the Services.
4. Unless written permission is provided by YouNet Media, LLC, nothing in this Agreement gives you a right to use any of YouNet Media trade names, trademarks, services marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand names.
5. YouNet Media, LLC is the copyright owner of all content on the younetmedia.com site. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements of the younetmedia.com site without express written permission from YouNet Media, LLC.
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available at the levels offered for the specific account plan that you have signed up for.
3. You understand that YouNet Media uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technologies required to run the Services. These vendors and partners may have access to User Content, profile pages, account information or any other information submitted via the Services.
4. You shall not modify, adapt, access without authorization or hack the Services or modify another Web site so as create the impression that it is associated with the Services, YouNet Media, or any other entity affiliated with YouNet Media.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services, without the express written permission of YouNet Media.
6. We may, but have no obligation to, remove User Content or other information and accounts containing any information that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that violate any party’s intellectual property or this Agreement.
7. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any YouNet Media user, customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination with no refund.
8. You understand and agree the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your User Content, may be transferred in unencrypted form and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
9. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS, or “spam” messages.
10. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
11. If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by YouNet Media) of other YouNet Media customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
12. YouNet Media does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, Services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Services will be corrected.
13. You expressly acknowledge and agree that YouNet Media shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if YouNet Media has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
14. The failure of YouNet Media to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Services shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Services constitutes the entire agreement between you and YouNet Media and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and YouNet Media (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service )
Types of Information We Collect and What We Do With It
When you register for the Services we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information. If you sign up for a free account, you will be required to enter a credit card number so that we can authenticate your identity.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages visitors to our Web site(s) access or view, and information voluntarily provided to us (such as survey information and/or account registration information).
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our Services, and is not shared or sold to third parties for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
In the event of merger, acquisition or name change YouNet Media reserves the right to assign the terms of this Agreement to such new party. YouNet Media may provide you with notice of such assignment via the email address provided in your account information. You may not assign this agreement without the written permission of YouNet Media.
We may use cookie technology to track or record information about our Web site visitors. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a Web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We require the use of cookie technology so that we can present the correct information to users as they move from screen to screen.
YouNet Media uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run YouNet Media. Although YouNet Media owns the code, databases, and all rights to the YouNet Media application, you retain all rights to your personal information.
YouNet Media may disclose your personal information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or if your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Upon request we may provide site visitors with access to information that we have collected and that we maintain about them. Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. You can have this information corrected by contacting YouNet Media. You can elect to opt out at any time.